Westview Baptist Church exists to make fully devoted followers of Jesus.
The 4 words that capture the essence of our vision are:
Belong <> Abide <> Become <> Extend.
a diverse people with a deep sense of belonging, united in God’s love,
abiding in the Holy Spirit - transformed in worship,
intentional in our discipleship journey to become more like Jesus,
living out the gospel and extending Christ’s love to the world.
We derive our statement of faith as a member of Canadian Baptists of Western Canada ("CBWC"). Here are the doctrines we regard as crucial to the understanding and proclamation of the Gospel and to practical Christian living:
1. The sovereignty, love, and grace of God, the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
2. The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
3. The value of each human being as created by God. The universal sinfulness of humankind since the fall, which alienates all from God and subjects all to condemnation.
4. The full deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, whose substitutionary sacrifice is the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
5. The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
6. The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God, the Holy Spirit, in the believer.
7. The church as set forth in the New Testament and understood historically by the Baptist community.
8. The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, our participation in the resurrection, and the hope of eternal life.
Click on the download below to read an unabridged version of the full Identity Statement we share with CBWC.